What we do
At KX Seafood we pride ourselves in providing the highest quality fresh, live and frozen seafood delicacies from the seas and rivers across the Globe. Our 20,000 Square foot processing and packaging facility receives inventory daily to support the culinary needs of the finest dining establishments in West Central and the West Coast of Florida.
KX Seafood is growing and rapidly becoming the largest and most well-known processor and distributor of fresh, live and frozen seafood in Central, West Central and West Coast Florida. Operating out of our facility in Tampa, FL we provide the freshest seafood to our clients 6 days a week. The Sourcing & Procurement team has recently restructured itself and is in pursuit of driving strategic initiatives that will continue to drive sustainable growth and cost efficiency. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for negotiating and acquiring fresh and frozen inventory, implementing category management practices, developing and executing strategic sourcing efforts, identifying and implementing cost savings initiatives, enabling technologies and process improvements to help streamline the sourcing cycle.
Scope of Responsibility
- • Strong understanding of the global seafood marketplace
- • Studies global market prices and trends to aid in decision making based on accurate research and market conditions
- • Makes regular purchases of assigned items at best possible market prices based on sales flow
- • Work with Senior management to make large scale commodity purchases at best possible market prices
- • Introduce new items from suppliers to the sales teams
- • Strong attention to detail in regards to product specifications and quality
- • Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices with suppliers
- • Find alternative vendors and build strong relationships
- • Internal customer focus – ability to identify key stakeholder needs and develop programs and procedures to address their needs
Compensation commensurate with experience
- • 5+ years or more purchasing seafood with a successful track record of improving systems
- • Must have experience working within an importing/exporting environment
- • Must have strong existing relationships with suppliers in Central/South America for direct importation of fresh and frozen product
- • Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
- • Proven ability to work with Senior Management
- • Experience in large commodity purchasing
- • Strong analytical and excellent communication skills
- • Demonstrate collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
- • Experience inventory control and sourcing
- • Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- • Strong computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and internet. Proprietary purchasing, sales and inventory control software training will be provided.
- • Great communication skills
- • The ability to work under pressure.
Contact Keith Fry at email@example.com
with your resume for consideration.